Week three without James, we’re almost through this people. Helping me hold down the fort this week is Brian Nelson in Los Alamos New Mexico. In this explosive episode, we heat things up while talking about our visit to the Trinity Bomb test site. Microsoft made some really exciting announcements and Tesla took an amazing amount of preorders. We give you the best (and worst) April Fools pranks on the internet, we explain how you’ll end up with a smart fridge and blow your mind with some expert Super Mario World play. We Finally wrap it up with some dating advice.
So it turns out that we were already on the edge of pop culture. I went looking for the tears of joy emoji to use as your picture, when I remembered it look very familiar… and it was! We used it back for episode 203 and talking about LOLs. See below for all the links and details of what we talked about.
This week we talk a lot about Google. Make sure you check below for the link to their new logo (hint: it’s not this logo).
Jurassic World is upon us! But first, let’s tweet about it.
Google Photos puts together some strange albums, The World Video Game Hall of Fame includes some great titles, Swift is a year old, Chris Sacca believes in Twitter, The Button is done, Google will start reprint accidents, Windows is coming next month, LEGO is going to take on Minecraft, Netflix will start showing ads, Apple Watch has a heart rate problem, ThunderBolt gets a USB-C plug, TechCrunch is changing hands again, and Yahoo is killing off properties nobody cares about.
Marketing is a fantastic study if you’re interested in psychology. This week we dive into that with a deep look into some marketing.
Samsung and Apple both released new commercials, Xiaomi releases the Mi Band to track your fitness, Microsoft announces that Windows will be merging into one unified software, Amazon releases the Fire Phone, Facebook enables us to save posts for later, Bose sues Beats, and Hello kickstarts Sense to help track your sleep patterns.
On the admin side, we seem to be experiencing some technical issues with our back-end system. So, if something doesn’t seem to be working, please let us know.
Why Smartphones Get Bigger
Facebook Launches Save, A Read-It-Later List For Links, Places, And Media Pages
Samsung Advertises Apple’s Larger Screen iPhone
Apples MacBook Air Commercial Doesn’t Even Show The Screen
Xiaomi announces its first wearable device, a $13 fitness band
Microsoft Will Unify It’s Big 3 Operating Systems
Microsoft Is Already Giving Windows 8 The Vista Treatment
Amazon Fire phone review: a unique device, but you’re better off waiting for the sequel
Thiel Fellow’s Elegant Sleep Tracker, Sense, Crushes Kickstarter With $120K In A Few Hours
Bose Is Suing Apple Over Beat’s Noise Canceling Tech
We have much to be grateful for in this show with crazy new technologies are plenty of rumors to keep us wishing for more!
We talk about Amazon’s Paper White, Obrital System’s Show, Apple’s purchase of PrimeSense, Microsoft’s Windows RT, Yahoo’s new news anchor Katie Couric, the GIF, PandoDaily’s acquisition of NSFWCORP, the Pawn Stars bashing of Chromebooks and Amazon’s Prime Air.
- Microsoft releases automated.gif Looper utility
- Apple’s gesture based purchase: What’s it for
- PandoDaily Acquires Paul Carr’s NSFW Corp
- PandoDaily acquires NSFWCORP to double down on investigative reporting
- Mayer Confirms Hire of News Star Couric as “Global Anchor,” Calling Her the “Face of Yahoo News”
- New Paper white
- Young Adult Readers Prefer Real Books
- Microsoft has 3 mobile OSes. They don’t plan on keeping 3
- Microsoft New Ad: Can’t pawn off a brand new chromebook
- This Formatting Rule Determines Whether Your Followers See Your Tweets
- Can This Water-Recycling Shower Save $1,000 in Bills? iPhone 5S/C outselling Galaxy S4 in India
- iPhone 5S/5C made up three quarters of smartphone sales in Japan in October
- Amazon Prime Air
Microsoft wants YouTube, but not the way Google want’s them to have it. What happens next can only be described as amazing.
Elon Musk gives Matthew a birthday present: The Hyperloop.
We also talk about Blackberry’s willingness to sell, the Microsoft and Google fight over Youtube, Apple’s iPhone 5S, Microsoft’s Windows for any surface, Samsung’s Galaxy Gear and Note III, Elon Musk’s Hyperloop, Title for iOS and Sony’s leaked camera.
- The Hyperloop
- Here are some hurdles the Hyperloop could face
- Now it’s not even close – Elon Musk is more important to society than Steve Jobs ever was
- Elon Musk Explains the Hyperloop, the Solar-Powered High-Speed Future of Inter-City Transportation
- Elon Musk’s Hyperloop: Why He Dreams So Big
- On The Future of iOS and Android
- BlackBerry Officially For Sale
- BlackBerry’s Patent Portfolio Ripe for Picking
- Q&A: Lenovo CEO on Smartphones and BlackBerry
- The Case For the iPhone 5C
- Samsung to Launch Note III and Galaxy Watch on Sep 4th, One Week Before iOS 7/iPhone 5S
- Microsoft’s ‘touch screen’ for any surface goes on sale
- Microsoft blasts Google over YouTube block, claims reasons are ‘manufactured’
- Inside the bitter YouTube battle between Microsoft and Google
- Find Lost Keys Fast With a Teeny Tiny Tile
- A Printer That Eats Its Way Down a Stack of Paper
- New Sony Camera Will Use the iPhone as the screen