This week we dive deep into Apple’s WWDC where they release updates for their four operating systems. At the same time, E3 took place and we review a bunch of the new games announced. Oh yeah, and Microsoft bought LinkedIn.
It sounds like Jurassic World is pretty good and will hold the open weekend box office record until December. We also talked about the the impact of the World’s Fair on your life, Apple’s numerous announcements: El Capitan, Siri, Swift 2, watchOS 2, Music, News, and more. Oculus announced their consumer hardware which will work with Windows 10 and Xbox One. Finally Dick Costolo is out of Twitter and Jack Dorsey will be taking over.
Spoiler: They’re on the same team.
- We’re Not The Only Ones Wondering If Glass Is Dead
- Returning Google Glass
- Google Glass Doesn’t Have a Privacy Problem. You Do.
- Survey says: Comcast, Time Warner Cable customers are still the angriest
- Microsoft Unveils Surface Pro 3
- It’s Not Meant To Compete With the iPad, It’s Meant to Compete With the Macbook Air
- Microsoft Is Trying to Think Different
- Microsoft Surface Pro 3 review
- Google Dethrones Apple As The Most Valuable Brand
- Nest Recalls 440,000 Nest Protect Smoke Alarms
- California Will Start Granting Licenses for Autonomous Vehicles
- … And It Could Lead To Crippling Law Enforcement Budget
- The Plan for WWDC
It’s Episode 37! We start off talking about iPads in airplanes & airports, and how the Pirate Bay avoids an IP blockade. Then we talk about Corning’s new Willow glass, Matthew bashes the Lumia 9000, the file system and Apple’s WWDC.
James talks about Facebook: access for 13 year olds, mobile-only ads, App Center, and their election. We then round out the show talking about the death of Zune, a new haptic touch interface, Google’s non-event map event, how Xbox is the Apple killer, Adwords + AdMob, RIM killing their 16BG Playbook, Best Buy founder stepping down and Samsung’s CEO stepping down.
Download Furlo Bros 37: James Talks About Facebook and Matthew Got Mad At Everybody
Subscribe to the Furlo Bros Podcast in iTunes
Watch Furlo Bros 37: James Talks About Facebook and Matthew Got Mad At Everybody on YouTube
- Airline swaps in-flight entertainment system for iPads to lose weight and save fuel
- Corning reveals astounding roll-up Willow glass for flexible displays
- The Zune brand is done
- Facebook wants to let 13 year olds aboard
- You Can Now Buy Mobile-Only Ads On Facebook
- Tactus Technology demos a new haptic touch interface – a surface that changes
- The end of the file system
- Google Announces Massively Improved 3D Views For Google Earth, StreetView Backpacks & Offline Maps For Mobile
- Xbox is the Apple Killer
- Coming soon to an airport near you: free iPads
- AdWords, meet AdMob
- Facebook App Center: A New Place to Find Social Apps
- RIM Kills 16 GB PlayBook
- Best Buy Founder, Chairman and largest stock owner is resigning. Looking to sell shares
- Autodesk Positioned to Transform Construction Industry Through Vela Systems Acquisition
- The Pirate Bay avoids the blockade
- Facebook Election Is a Bust: 0.038% of Users Voted on Privacy Change
- CEO of Samsung steps down
- Apple’s WWDC 2012 Keynote Too Hot Too Handle
Episode 31! We tried a new format this week. We lead off with “brief” observations of the news this week (See the list below). Then finished off with a deeper look at a few topics. Those topics included using Codea to build iPad apps, Google Drive (vs. Dropbox & SkyDrive), what’s next for the smart phone market, why electronics are manufactured in China, and the glass ceiling of technology.
- Cargo-Bot iPad game built on the iPad using Codea
- Google Drive is live and available right now, but it’s no Dropbox killer
- Google Drive: Google Docs Meets Dropbox
- The Rare Earth Dilemma: Why your electronics are manufactured in China
- We nailed it 5 years ago, can we do it again?
- We’ve Reached The Glass Ceiling of Technology And it Seems Pretty Awesome, Actually
- YouTube Launches AdWords For Video
- Dropbox shares your stuff with a link!
- Microsoft Takes On Dropbox With SkyDrive For Windows, Mac and iOS
- Apple Maybe 10 Years Behind in Malware Preparedness
- Live In Cupertino? Wanted to go to WWDC this year? If You Answered Yes, Then Too Bad!
- Sebastian Thrun on Charlie Rose
- The Woz Heaps On Praise for the new Windows Phone
- SloPro Ap, brings on the go Slow-mo to the iPhone
- The Decline of Android, and the market implications
- 98% of First Time iPad Owners are Satisfied with Their Purchase
- Makes Most Sense for Google To Buy Twitter
- Samsung Passes Nokia in World Wide Mobile Phone Sales
- Steve Jobs as Willy Wonka
- We’ve got hard data: Netflix really is killing Nickelodeon
- Recent Protest at China’s Foxconn Factory Over Xbox 360, not Apple
- Why Microsoft’s Metro UI could slowly kill Android
- MIT creates glare-free, self cleaning, water repellent glass