Showing our gratefulness, James and Matthew offer a new and interesting way to look at innovation and the world of technology. We also discuss James’ experience with the HTC Vive, an interview with Marc Andreessen and how Google will end humanity with AI. Also, we take a short look at Tesla’s solar power installation and how GPS is killing us, probably.
It started out as a normal tech week… and then Slack wrote an open letter to Microsoft – an unforced error. We dive deep into why it’s a mistake. Plus, we talk about a new vigilante app, Deepmind playing Starcraft, Apple’s lack of a vision, Toyota’s cool toy to turn on your car, Xiamoi’s goal of selling phones in the US, the future of voice activated devices, and VR. See below for all the show notes.
There were lots of colors this week. White & Gold dresses. Red, White & Blue FCC decisions. 64 color watches and much more. It was good having Matthew back behind the microphone as we dove into this week’s top stories.
If done right, it might actually replace their current app, which would be a good thing.
In the Superbowl of tech, Google punts on Motorola and Facebook goes for with their Paper iOS app.
We also talk about EVE Online’s massive battle, Naoki Hiroshima’s woes with his @N Twitter name, LEGOs Chrome experiment, Blackberry’s shutout and Pebble’s new store.
Download #123: Flushing Away Nine Billion Two Hundred and Fifty Thousand Dollars
Subscribe to the Furlo Bros Tech Podcast (Full Show) ( iTunes )
Watch #123: Flushing Away Nine Billion Two Hundred and Fifty Thousand Dollars on YouTube
- Google Acquires Artificial Intelligence Startup DeepMind For More Than $500M
- LEOGs in Chrome
- Lenovo nears $3 billion deal to buy Google’s Motorola unit
- Larry Page Official Post: Lenovo to acquire Motorola Mobility
- Nest is the Motorola replacement
- Why Google Was Smart to Sell Motorola For Just $3 Billion
- How I Lost My $50,000 Twitter Username
- PayPal denies providing payment information to hacker who hijacked $50,000 Twitter username
- GoDaddy accepts partial responsibility in social engineering attack of @N’s customer account
- Why Hasn’t Twitter Just Given @N His Name Back?
- There Was A $200,000 Dollar War Today
- Facebook Paper
- Facebook heard you like newspapers, so it decided to make a newspaper app out of your Facebook
- With Paper, Facebook just blew its own iPhone app out of the water
- Yahoo’s sleek News Digest app swims against the stream
- On BB 10’s First Anniversary, BlackBerry’s US Market Share Hits 0%
- Pebble Will Get it’s App Store for iOS