In the book Made To Stick, it talks about to get people to quickly understand and idea. One really easy way is to take something they already know and then tell them how it’s different. Thus the formula “It’s the [existing company] of [new market]” was born.
We talk about four stories this week. That’s right. Just four.
First, Google has an image problem which is going to cause them problems with their self-driving car program. Second, Nasdaq is going to be implementing the blockchain on their private equities market. Third, Verizon is buying AOL. Nobody should care, be we all really do. Fourth, Facebook announces Instant Articles in an attempt to speed up the internet by making links native.
Matthew is in shock that Buzzfeed broke an tech news story. He’s in even more shock with the amount of views they get. We then move on to talk about the Philips Hue Camera, TAG Heur’s partnership with Android and Intel, Facebook’s next move with Messenger, Alibaba’s selfie payment system, Nintendo’s partnership with DeNA, Sony’s potential PS4 streaming issues, Telsa’s self driving car, and Youtube’s cards.
This is definitely not click bait, though we do start off talking about the most popular Buzzfeed headlines. Then we move onto the most popular passwords and all of Microsoft’s announcements: Windows 10, Cortano integration, Project Spartan, Xbox integration, the Surface Hub and the HoloLens. We finish up with Xiaomi’s ability to make cheap phones, the Myo’s impending release, NBC streaming the Super Bowl, Blackberry whining about nobody making apps for them and Google investing in SpaceX to bring the Internet via satellites.
Download #174: You Won’t Believe the 9 Things You Didn’t Know About This Company’s Mind Blowing Announcement
Subscribe to the Furlo Bros Tech Podcast (Full Show) ( iTunes )
Watch #174: You Won’t Believe the 9 Things You Didn’t Know About This Company’s Mind Blowing Announcement on YouTube
- How Xiaomi Manages To Keep Cost Low
- Amazon Is Gonna Make Movies
- The Myo Gesture Armband Will Go On Sale On Amazon This Quarter
- The Top Buzzfeed Click Bate Titles
- NBC Will Live Stream The Super Bowl
- Google Invest $1B in SpaceX
- The 25 Most Popular Passwords of 2014: We’re All Doomed
- The 9 biggest announcements from Microsoft’s Windows 10 event
- Windows 10 Will Be A Free Upgrade, Mostly
- Windows 10 Will Finally Bring About The Universal App For The Windows Ecosystem
- XBOX ONE is Heading To Windows 10
- The Official Beginning Of The End Of IE
- Microsoft’s Far Less Embarrassing Big ol’ Surface
- Microsoft Is Building A Universal Chat Client
- Microsoft Unveils The HoloLens
- A Reminder Of How This Sort Of Thing Has Gone In The Past
- BlackBerry CEO Wants Legislators To Make Developing BlackBerry Apps Mandatory
- 16 Tech Trends