This week represents week 1 of a 2 week series. In this part, we take a look back at 2014. What was the big news? How did we do on our predictions? Predictably, we did pretty well with Apple, Facebook and Samsung. Surprisingly, Google through us some curveballs. It’s a good show to listen to, and don’t forget to catch our predictions next week.
Now fiber optics can go much faster with greater accuracy. I love it!
We managed to almost completely ignore D11 this week. Though, we did stick in a couple stores about Apple and Mary Meeker.
We also talked about light canceling fiber optics, the 49er’s new stadium, HTC’s advertising problem, Yahoo’s strategy of buying a ton of companies, Freescale’s ant-sized SoC, Apple’s new iPod Touch, Sony’s electronic loses, the Sun-Times photographer firing, and Intel’s new Haswell chips.
- Sony loses money on electronics
- Noise Canceling fiber optics
- HTC can’t win, even with the best phone
- Why Yahoo! is becoming an internet portal again
- Ant-Sized Computers
- Mary Meeker Peers Into the Future of Mobile, Wearables and Facebook
- The unbearable lightness of what Tim Cook says
- Fewer people pirating Arrested Development
- Apple Launched the Cameraless iPod Touch
- New, high-tech stadium for the San Francisco 49ers will be ‘software-driven’
- Intel Launches Haswell Processor
- Bad News for Peter Parker: Chicago Sun fires Photo Staff
ALMOST as much as the 49ers losing.
Episode 71 comes after a rough loss for the 49ers. Of all the horrible things to happen in the week, this was the worst. But we pull ourselves together to talk about technology. Here’s what happened.
Elon Musk offers to help Boeing with their battery problem, Microsoft reveals that you’ll only get to use 23gb of the 64gb Surface Pro, Apple introduces a 128gb iPad, RIM changes to Blackberry along with a new mobile OS, researchers figure out how to print 3D moon bases, Newegg defeats Soverain to saves the Internet, driverless cars are closer than you think, and Nintendo announces they’re going to lose money this year.
This year… Sigh… We’ll get them next year… Go 49ers!
- Newegg beats Soverain over Shopping Cart Patents
- Elon Musk offering Space X Li-Ion batteries to Boeing for use in the grounded 787
- Apple announces 128 Gig iPad
- It’s about moving the goalpost
- Reminding Wall Street that the iPad is more than a consumer toy
- Microsoft’s 64GB Surface Pro will only have 23GB usable storage
- Blackberry Stunned As Alicia Keys Terminates 200 Employee On First Day As Global Creative Director
- RIM changes name to BlackBerry
- The problems with Blackberry 10
- Only 1 in 8 would consider a BB10
- Top 7 tech jobs of 2013
- Nintendo to post unexpected loss as Wii successor falters
- Next gen play station annoucment coming on Feb 20th
- The next frontier for 3D printing: Moon bases?
- What Intersections Would Look Like in a World of Driverless Cars
- Time frame of the Driverless car revolution