James makes all sorts of confessions this episode, but we’re not here to talk about that. Instead, we talk about Tomorrowland, the Apple TV, Automatic, Pebble, Ossur’s IMES, Caltech’s bionic arms, the Lime Equation, crowd sources timelapse videos, Apple Maps, Oculus, Google+ Photos, Medium eBooks, Hycopter and Aria.
In order to get data, they need to have services. Hence the buying spree.
We managed to almost completely ignore D11 this week. Though, we did stick in a couple stores about Apple and Mary Meeker.
We also talked about light canceling fiber optics, the 49er’s new stadium, HTC’s advertising problem, Yahoo’s strategy of buying a ton of companies, Freescale’s ant-sized SoC, Apple’s new iPod Touch, Sony’s electronic loses, the Sun-Times photographer firing, and Intel’s new Haswell chips.
- Sony loses money on electronics
- Noise Canceling fiber optics
- HTC can’t win, even with the best phone
- Why Yahoo! is becoming an internet portal again
- Ant-Sized Computers
- Mary Meeker Peers Into the Future of Mobile, Wearables and Facebook
- The unbearable lightness of what Tim Cook says
- Fewer people pirating Arrested Development
- Apple Launched the Cameraless iPod Touch
- New, high-tech stadium for the San Francisco 49ers will be ‘software-driven’
- Intel Launches Haswell Processor
- Bad News for Peter Parker: Chicago Sun fires Photo Staff
I never thought that would happen.
The new Xbox will be called the Xbox One despite being the 3rd iteration. So today’s show is called Episode One despite being the 87th.
We also talk about the death of Google Buzz, Yahoo buying Tumblr while fixing Flickr, an amazing gun scope, Amazon’s new bio-dome, Samsung’s crazy bid to take over Android from Google, and Microsoft’s commercials vs Apple’s.
- Tumblr. + Yahoo! = !!
- Your World, in Full Resolution
- The future of aiming
- Amazon.com wants to build a massive biosphere in Seattle (perfect for workers and mature trees)
- Visual recognition in Google+
- xBox One
- XBOX ONE REVEALED by Wired
- Xbox One Offers Voice Controls, New Kinect, Original Content, TV Integration, NFL Partnership
- Live TV on the Xbox One: Microsoft learns nothing from Google TV’s mistakes
- Pre-owned fee for xBox One
- Wii U sales collapse pre xBox One announcement
- Samsung’s strategy to deal with fragmentation: Get developers to make Galaxy specific apps
- New iPhone Commercial
- In contrast: the Surface advert
- Google Buzz is Shutting Down