After we talk about Leap Motion, we switch gears to our beloved fallen hero’s first movie: iSteve.
Wearable and interactive computing is all the rage on this week’s podcast. Companies and coming up with more and more ways to meld our digital lives with our physical lives. It’s an exciting time! Great examples include the Oculus Rift Omi Treadmill, Google’s Glass, Pebble’s Watch, and Leap Motion’s integration with HP PCs.
We also discuss Netflix’s switch to HTML5 video, Microsoft’s next steps with Windows 8, Funny or Die’s iSteve movie, David’s adiction to Kickstarter board games, and James’ crush on Yahoo’s new weather app.
- Virtuix hooks up Oculus Rift to its Omni treadmill, shows off ‘True VR’ (video)
- Glass Explorer Edition gets unboxed, photographed
- Steve Jackson raised almost $1 million to create the ultimate board game, and that was a problem
- Turn a Printed Page Into a Touchscreen With This Brilliant Concept
- HTML5 Video at Netflix
- Microsoft’s Windows 8 Plan B(lue): Bring back the Start button, boot to desktop
- Leap Motion and HP to embed gesture controls in PCs
- Funny or Die’s Steve Jobs Movie ‘iSteve’ Now Available Online
- Google Glass not fully functional when used with iPhone
- Yahoo Weather for iOS May Be the Most Beautiful Weather App Yet