In this episode we Segway effortlessly to the opera side of the tech world: Lawsuits, purchases and people leaving. Yep, we’re talking about Pandora, Aereo, Net Neutrality, Google+ and Nokia.
More specifically we talk about: James’ experience on a Segway, Graphene going into mass production, Pandora surviving the music industry, the FCC’s weird definition of net neutrality, Aereo’s fight for survival, Google+’s fight for survival, Nokia’s lost fight for survival, Apple’s massive stock split, Weight Watcher’s purchase of Wello, and HBO GO on Amazon.
- Wello Being Bought By Weight Watchers
- Why the music industry is trying—and failing—to crush Pandora
- Pandora reports Q1 loss, guidance hits sour note again
- Large Scale Graphene Manufacturing
- Apple Takes A Swing A Samsung In Full Page Ad
- Apple Will Do A 7 To 1 Stock Split In June
- HBO GO on Amazon Prime
- Is net neutrality dying? Has the FCC killed it? What comes next? Here’s what you need to know
- The FCC’s new net neutrality rules will kill Aereo, even if the Supreme Court doesn’t
- Microsoft Completed Nokia Acquisition
- Nokia’s Hardware Division To Become Microsoft Mobile
- Google+ Is Walking Dead
- Minus Its Leader, What’s Left at Google+?