New Storage, New Glass, New Format
by James Furlo
Episode 31! We tried a new format this week. We lead off with “brief” observations of the news this week (See the list below). Then finished off with a deeper look at a few topics. Those topics included using Codea to build iPad apps, Google Drive (vs. Dropbox & SkyDrive), what’s next for the smart phone market, why electronics are manufactured in China, and the glass ceiling of technology.
- Cargo-Bot iPad game built on the iPad using Codea
- Google Drive is live and available right now, but it’s no Dropbox killer
- Google Drive: Google Docs Meets Dropbox
- The Rare Earth Dilemma: Why your electronics are manufactured in China
- We nailed it 5 years ago, can we do it again?
- We’ve Reached The Glass Ceiling of Technology And it Seems Pretty Awesome, Actually
- YouTube Launches AdWords For Video
- Dropbox shares your stuff with a link!
- Microsoft Takes On Dropbox With SkyDrive For Windows, Mac and iOS
- Apple Maybe 10 Years Behind in Malware Preparedness
- Live In Cupertino? Wanted to go to WWDC this year? If You Answered Yes, Then Too Bad!
- Sebastian Thrun on Charlie Rose
- The Woz Heaps On Praise for the new Windows Phone
- SloPro Ap, brings on the go Slow-mo to the iPhone
- The Decline of Android, and the market implications
- 98% of First Time iPad Owners are Satisfied with Their Purchase
- Makes Most Sense for Google To Buy Twitter
- Samsung Passes Nokia in World Wide Mobile Phone Sales
- Steve Jobs as Willy Wonka
- We’ve got hard data: Netflix really is killing Nickelodeon
- Recent Protest at China’s Foxconn Factory Over Xbox 360, not Apple
- Why Microsoft’s Metro UI could slowly kill Android
- MIT creates glare-free, self cleaning, water repellent glass